SERVE BREAKFAST AT N STREET VILLAGE HOMELESS SHELTER!
Since the fall of 2008, the third Saturday morning of every month at a Washingto DC homeless shelter is “Illini Morning!” A group of 3-4 Illinois alumni come together each month to serve breakfast at N Street Village, a women's shelter in NW Washington. N Street Village houses and serves homeless women of all ages and backgrounds in the DC Metro Region. An Illinois alumna works for N Street Village as the volunteer coordinator, coordinating the monthly events with our club's Philanthropy Director. Breakfast begins being served to the women at 9:30 am. All volunteers should be at N Street by 9:15 am and should plan to stay for approximately one hour. If interested, please contact the DC Illini Philanthropy Director Andrea Wilson.
RACE FOR A CURE TO END BREAST CANCER!
Join the DC Illini Club as we participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Washington DC's National Mall. Race for the Cure is part of a global movement to end breast cancer. Each summer, Team Illini puts on their orange and runs in honor of the late Jan Mulvaney, a dedicated DC Illini board member, DC Illini past president, and UIAA secretary, who recently lost her life to breast cancer.
On June 2, literally tens of thousands of people--nearly 40,000 in 2012--will gather on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to run or walk in one of the most iconic places on the planet. Up to 75 percent of the funds raised in connection with the Komen Global Race for the Cure stays in the D.C. Metro Area to fund breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports Komen's work around the globe sharing knowledge and experience, and funding education and breast health services in regions where few exist.
Date: June 2, 2012
Time/Location: On the day of the race, we will meet at 8 a.m. in the Team Meeting Area under the letter "I" (for Illinois).
Registration: If you are interested in joining Team Illini, please click here and complete your registration. For those of you who have other obligations on the day of the race, you may still register to be a member of our team and participate in the fundraising efforts.
Donations: If you are unable to join our team, but would still like to support, you may submit your donation by clicking here and then selecting the option to "make a gift".
Questions: For information on joining Team Illini, please contact the DC Illini Club Philanthropy Director, Andrea Wilson.