Welcome to the University of Illinois Alumni Club of Greater Washington DC!
Our club strives to support the educational purposes of the University, cultivate friendship among club members, and express loyalty to the University. We are also committed to providing community service and giving back to the area as well as to U of I. We do this through a variety of educational, social, cultural and athletic activities and programs.
Who Can Be A Member?
Graduates, former students, and friends of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, at Chicago, or at Springfield can join.
Joining provides a great way to get to know the area and to expand your social and professional networks. It will make you a part of the largest alumni club outside of Illinois.
Activities & Events
- University of Illinois football and basketball game watching parties at local bars
- Group outings to the Kennedy Center, Wolf Trap, and other cultural centers
- Tours of area attractions
- Road trips to see the U of I football and basketball teams when they’re within six hours of D.C.
- Membership parties and alumni speakers
- Trips to local sports events: Nationals, Wizards, Capitals
- Golf outings
- Local intramural sports leagues
- Luncheon to honor alumnus of the year
- And many more!
We offer many ways to support this area and your Alma Mater. For example:
- Each year, we award several scholarships to outstanding area students who will attend the University of Illinois. Half of your annual dues go to this fund, and many members make additional contributions.
- We help with recruiting for U of I by attending local college fairs and prospective student receptions and participating in telephone outreach campaigns.
Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you at one of our events soon!